3 large egg whites
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. In an electric mixer, beat the egg whites, salt and cream of tarter on high speed until soft peaks form.
3. Add the sugar, a few tablespoons at a time, and beat until shiny and stiff peaks form.
4. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat. Drop batter by the tablespoon onto the baking sheet and swirl each into a peak.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until crisp. Baking times may vary slightly depending on humidity.
6. Cool on a wire rack. Then store in an airtight container.
Yields 4 dozen cookies.
About the Authors: Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall Oakes are the co–authors of the award winning book Together: Creating Family Traditions. To check out their website that’s jam packed with family ideas, visit www.togetherparenting.com