8 slices bread
1/4 cup margarine melted
1 cup ham cubed
2 cups cheddar cheese sharp, grated
4 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Remove crusts from bread. Brush on melted margarine. Cut up into cubes and spread into 9×13-inch
baking dish. Sprinkle with cubed ham and grated cheese.
3. Mix eggs, milk, salt, and mustard and pour over casserole.
4. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Makes 60 servings
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 to 3 drops any color food coloring, if desired
1. Line cookie sheets with waxed paper.
2. In medium saucepan, combine powdered sugar, water and corn syrup; mix well. Cook over low heat
until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth.
3. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in peppermint extract and food color. Place saucepan in bowl of hot
water. Quickly drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheets, forming 3/4-inch
4. Using icing with desired tip, pipe on decoration. Let stand at least 24 hours or until firm. Store in tightly
covered container with waxed paper between layers.
Find more great family recipes and meal planning assistance at Dine Without Whine.