We are preparing to ring in the New Year with a house full of teenagers – Eric’s friends were looking for a place to gather and I feel better about having them here in our home than anyplace else! I know they will be safe, well fed, and have a good time. It’s such a joy to have teens who are responsible, polite and fun to be around!
We’re serving sparkling cider, finger foods, a variety of chocolate and the following hot artichoke dip:
Warm Artichoke Dip
* 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 clove garlic, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, Parmesan and garlic. Scoop the mixture into a medium baking dish.
3. Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until lightly brown on top.
How do you plan to ring in the New Year? Many of you may have already started (or even ended) your celebrations while we in California are just getting warmed up! For an extra treat, listen to Father Roderick’s special New Year’s episode of the Daily Breakfast featuring some special interviews and a big announcement about the location of the next Catholic New Media Celebration. I’m already working on packing my bags to attend!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful, memorable start to the New Year and a blessed holy day tomorrow as we celebrate the Solemnity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God.