5 1/2 pounds beef brisket
1 3/4 cups barbecue sauce, smoke flavored
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 teaspoons black pepper, coarse grind
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Combine all ingredients except brisket in removable liner. Add brisket and turn to coat well with
2. Marinate 3 to 4 hours, or overnight in refrigerator.
3. Place liner in base. Cover and cook on auto for 8 hours; or low for 9-11 hours; or high for 5-6 hours.
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger ground
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs large
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups carrots shredded
1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple drained
1 cup pecans chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour four baking boxes.
2. Stir flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, and baking powder in a large bowl; set aside.
3. Beat eggs and oil in a large mixer bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add
sugar and continue beating until mixture is thick, about 2 minutes. On low speed, beat in carrots and
pineapple. Add flour mixture and stir just until flour is moistened. Stir in nuts. Spread in 4 small loaf pans.
4. Bake 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks
10 minutes. Remove if desired. Cool breads completely.
Find more great family recipes and meal planning assistance at Dine Without Whine.