1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds boneless pork shoulder cut in 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion large, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic minced
1/3 cup parsley finely chopped
3 teaspoons beef bouillon
1 teaspoon thyme dried, crushed
1/2 teaspoon rosemary dried, crushed
1/2 teaspoon sugar
3 potatoes new, medium, cubed
3 carrots medium, cut in 1/2 -inch diagonal slices
1 16-ounce can tomatoes whole peeled, chopped and juice reserved
1 15-ounce can seasoned northern beans drained
1 10-ounce package frozen peas broken apart
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large plastic bag, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add pork cubes and shake until well coated.
3. In a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat butter and oil. Stir in pork, onion and garlic. Cook
and stir until meat browns. Sprinkle parsley, bouillon granules, thyme, rosemary and sugar over meat. Add
potatoes, carrots and tomatoes. Add enough water to reserved tomato juice to measure 2 cups. Pour into
Dutch oven. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil.
4. Cover, transfer to oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Stir mixture well, re-cover and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours
longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in beans, peas and salt. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until beans and peas are heated through.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup margarine, melted
1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
1 (12-ounce) package butterscotch chips
1. Combine first 4 ingredients together; mix well. Press into the bottom of a 13″ x 9″ baking pan; set aside.
2. Melt butterscotch chips in a double boiler; spread over crumb mixture.
3. Refrigerate; cut into bars when cooled.
Find more great family recipes and meal planning assistance at Dine Without Whine.