Today, I’m pleased to share a video of a wonderful recent presentation by my friend Brandon Vogt, author of the amazing book The Church and New Media. This video was taken at a recent presentation Brandon gave at the Saint Joseph Educational Center. Here’s a brief overview of Brandon’s presentation:
Using the U. S. Catholic Bishops’ 2001 document, Your Family and Cyberspace as his guide, Vogt walked parents through the benefits and drawbacks of the digital age. His overall message, “Be not afraid,” challenged parents to use the teachings of the Catholic Church, especially the four cardinal virtutes, to form their children and prepare them for the digital age.
Catholic social media expert, blogger, and author, Brandon Vogt, shares practical and encouraging advice about social media with parents. This talk was presented at Dowling Catholic High School and sponsored by SJEC Iowa.
More Posts by Lisa Hendey
- Imitating Mary by Marge Fenelon – Our Next CatholicMom.com Book
- Win a Gorgeous 7 Sorrows Rosary Wrap from On This Day Designs
- “Catholic Moms Cafe” Prepares to Film at EWTN
- Prayers for Our Friends in Boston & Texas
- Win “On Heaven and Earth: Pope Francis on Faith, Family, and the Church in the Twenty-First Century”