I’m so happy to share the good news that my friends over at Ascension Press are once again holding their Theology of the Body for Teens Scholarship Contest. Students who enter the competition by writing original essays on the prompt “How has the Theology of the Body shaped the way I see the opposite sex?” have the opportunity to win a $1000 scholarship and a $500 gift certificate.
But perhaps more importantly, our young men and women will spend time pondering and articulating such an important topic. In an age of ever-increasing societal pressure, it is terrific to reward thoughtful young people who aren’t afraid to stand up for what they believe in. When I think about my own response to that question, I simultaneously give thanks for Blessed John Paul II and his impact through TOB, and recognize the need in my own life for continued scholarship on the profound impact of the Theology of the Body.
To learn more about the Scholarship Contest and to read all of the entry rules and details, visit the Ascension Press Theology of the Body website.
Copyright 2012 Lisa M. Hendey
More Posts by Lisa Hendey
- Imitating Mary by Marge Fenelon – Our Next CatholicMom.com Book
- Win a Gorgeous 7 Sorrows Rosary Wrap from On This Day Designs
- “Catholic Moms Cafe” Prepares to Film at EWTN
- Prayers for Our Friends in Boston & Texas
- Win “On Heaven and Earth: Pope Francis on Faith, Family, and the Church in the Twenty-First Century”