For the past several months, we have met and secured sponsorship for some wonderful “friends” through CFCA – the Christian Foundation for Children and Aging. While they were spread around the world and living in different circumstances, our “friends” all had something in common: they were children! Today, we introduce you to a special new friend, Elizabeth — a mom just like us! How many of us are caring for beloved, aging parents and recognize the need to lovingly support those who have given their lives to raising us? In Elizabeth’s case, her family needs our help in keeping her secure and healthy. If you have the means to support Elizabeth — perhaps in honor of your own elderly parents and grandparents, this month, I invite you to honor them by caring for her. Make a difference today!
Elizabeth — Friend of the Month for August 2012
Meet Elizabeth, who lives in the Philippines! Her prayer intentions are for good health and a long life. She enjoys singing and dancing and shares a home with her youngest son, as her husband has passed away. Her son and grandchildren are together helping to provide for her needs. She is very friendly and finds beauty in gardening, which is evident in the background of her photo.
More about CFCA
For more than 30 years, Christian Foundation for Children and Aging (CFCA)has brought hope to families living in poverty in 22 countries. Founded in 1981 by lay Catholics acting on the Gospel call to serve the poor, it has grown into a movement of more than 250,000 sponsors who are supporting more than 300,000 children, youth and aging friends worldwide.
When a sponsor commits to sponsoring a child, youth or aging friend for $30 a month through CFCA’s Hope for a Family sponsorship program, it impacts the entire family. Sponsorship provides basic necessities like food, education, clothing and access to medical care, along with the encouragement needed for families to build a path out of poverty.
- The Hope for a Family sponsorship program provides much more than charity to families in need. CFCA takes a personal approach that focuses on partnering with each family to fulfill their basic needs while empowering them to create a path out of poverty through education, skills training, livelihood programs and community-building activities.
- Grounded in the Gospel call to serve the poor, CFCA is a lay Catholic organization working with and serving persons of all faith traditions.
- CFCA is among the 200 largest nonprofits in the U.S. according to Forbes, and the only child sponsorship organization to receive an A+ rating from the American Institute of Philanthropy. More than 94 percent of CFCA’s expenses go toward program support.
More Posts by Lisa Hendey
- Imitating Mary by Marge Fenelon – Our Next CatholicMom.com Book
- Win a Gorgeous 7 Sorrows Rosary Wrap from On This Day Designs
- “Catholic Moms Cafe” Prepares to Film at EWTN
- Prayers for Our Friends in Boston & Texas
- Win “On Heaven and Earth: Pope Francis on Faith, Family, and the Church in the Twenty-First Century”