My daughter went to homecoming this week. It was a reminder of how much she’s grown. Another daughter the same day turned seven and I sat there feeling like the passage of time for the 14 year old and the 7 was nothing. In seven years I would have three children who could buy me a glass of wine and six that theoretically could be on my insurance for driving. The weight of time yet to come blew me away in that instant of looking at one daughter in heels and a dress and curled locks, and another in a tu-tu, sparkly barrets and a face full of cake. So it remains an important part of my week, of my life, to mark each week when Thursday runs around and count the blessings that otherwise would get lost in the errands, laundry, crazy schedules and homework, especially when the small successes have to do with errands, laundry, crazy schedules and homework.
This past week I:
1) Went on a date after we dropped our 14 year old at homecoming. Five Guys is delicious but I’m a sucker for a good cheeseburger and he knows it.
2) Edited my book (I’ve removed over 937 thats from the book).
3) Managed to operate the Wii and get Wii Fit up and running again. Even did my first workout for 35 minutes.
4) Screwed up the courage to help plan my daughter’s Halloween birthday party. She’s invited the whole class. I keep telling myself, this is going to be fun.
5) It was a hard fought battle to restart the daily rosary and even harder to make it part of our family’s project, but we’re doing it.
Now it’s your turn:
Leave your list on your blog and list your blog in the comments or leave your small successes in the comment section itself and thanks for being part of Small Success Thursday!
Copyright 2012 Sherry Antonetti