Editor’s note: Today, I’ve invited Connie Goldin, MFT, President and Founder of Mom to Madre, to share her organization’s mission with us. For more information on how you can help, visit www.MomtoMadre.org.
Mom to Madre is a San Diego, CA nonprofit, run by volunteers. 100 percent of our outreach in the community is done by volunteers. We support parents, in English and Spanish, to promote literacy and loving parenting concepts and talk about ways parents can help their kids succeed in school. We speak at Head Start preschools, State Preschools, Child Development Centers and programs that serve low income families. We offer classes to pregnant and parenting teen programs, and give books to families. Talking about the importance of reading to kids is a cornerstone.
We always need books! This year we have given more than 3000 new books and many “Like-new books” as well. Book donations make this possible.
We are supported completely by donations from the community. Since we have no employees or office–I am the president, founder and administrator and I work from home– all money donated for books goes directly to purchasing books to give to families for their kids.
Websites & Links:
More Posts by Lisa Hendey
- Imitating Mary by Marge Fenelon – Our Next CatholicMom.com Book
- Win a Gorgeous 7 Sorrows Rosary Wrap from On This Day Designs
- “Catholic Moms Cafe” Prepares to Film at EWTN
- Prayers for Our Friends in Boston & Texas
- Win “On Heaven and Earth: Pope Francis on Faith, Family, and the Church in the Twenty-First Century”