WAYNE, PA, November 29, 2012 – Catholic Leadership Institute (CLI) presented Lisa Brenninkmeyer with the 2012 Award for Outstanding Catholic Leadership at a dinner held Friday, November 9 at the Drexelbrook in Drexel Hill, PA. Brenninkmeyer is the founder of Walking with Purpose, a women’s Bible study program impacting and transforming the lives of women. It has grown to serve more than 2,000 women, in 36 parishes, in 14 different dioceses across the United States and in Europe. Also honored that evening were:
- Fr. Jack Wall – President of Catholic Extension
- Bill Donohue – President and CEO of the Catholic League
- Sr. Angela Ann Zukowski MHSH – Educator and Director of the University of Dayton’s Pastoral Initiatives and the Virtual Learning Community of Faith
Walking with Purpose was inspired by Lisa’s desire to see women transformed, as they realize how much God loves them. In addition to her work with Walking with Purpose, Lisa is a wife and Mother of seven. CLI developed the Awards for Outstanding Catholic Leadership in 2000 to recognize people in the Catholic Church whose exemplary leadership in the family, the workplace, the community and the Church has been inspired by their Catholic faith “CLI is pleased to recognize these inspiring Catholic leaders and celebrate the work they do to give witness to God’s love in the world,” said Timothy C. Flanagan, Founder and Chair of Catholic Leadership Institute.
The Philadelphia event drew more than 500 guests, including bishops and priests from around the country. For more information please visit www.CatholicLeaders.org.
More Posts by Lisa Hendey
- Cari Donaldson: The Catholic Mom Who’s Raising “Pope Awesome”
- Emergency Help Needed to Support Philippine Typhoon Victims
- Win “It Is Well”: A Tribute to One Special Catholic Mom’s Life
- Rwanda Journal #13: Interview about #CRSEgan Rwanda Trip is Online
- “Mary of Nazareth” Film a Gift for the New Evangelization