I was on the hunt for a St. Dymphna chaplet when my friend Allison started making and selling custom rosaries. If I couldn’t find the exact chaplet I wanted, why not have her make me a custom one I was sure to love? And that is exactly what she did. And yes, I am in love.
I want to share Allison with all of you; I can’t keep her to myself. So I asked her a few questions so you could get to know her and her business better. And. like a true mom, she answered these while trying to rock a sleepy baby back to dreamland.
1. Why did you decide to start making custom rosaries?
I wanted a rosary that wasn’t ‘cookie cutter’ but didn’t want to pay an arm and a leg to buy one that didn’t look so. After discussing with friends on Twitter, I had one ‘volunteer’ to test out my rosary-making skills, and away I went!
2. What do you think makes Rosaries by Allison special?
All custom rosaries are handcrafted and designed with love and care. I take pride in what I do and am not in it for the profit.
3. When someone orders a custom rosary or chaplet from you, what can they expect from the ordering process?
You can expect a lot of emailing back and forth! I want your custom rosaries or chaplets to be exactly what you have envisioned! I am very quick to reply, so it is usually not a lengthy process.
4. Can you share some photos of some of your favorite pieces?
5. What’s in store for Rosaries by Allison?
I plan to branch out in the materials I use. I have worked a little with natural beads but would like to experiment even more. I also plan to add even more pre-made rosaries to my Etsy shop.
6. Where can people find you on the web?
Order your custom rosaries or chaplets on Etsy.
Copyright 2013 Jenna Hines