In Honduras, one in every four kids suffers from chronic malnutrition. Deprived of food, shelter and love, these poor children lie awake at night praying for their next meal. But there is hope– Catholic kids across the US are reaching out with the love of Christ to feed their friends in Central America through The ART of Giving, an online art show.
Kids of all ages will be able to participate in an online art show from now until December 31st, 2013. Parents, family members and friends will make donations on behalf of their artwork to Cross Catholic Outreach.
All proceeds will feed impoverished children and families in El Progreso, Honduras at the Prince of Peace Nutrition Center.
Here’s how kids can get involved:
- Kids will draw, paint, color and use their imaginations to create artistic masterpieces!
- Submit a photo of your child’s artwork, name and age to firstname.lastname@example.org. As we receive photos, they will be posted on this site, below.
- Participants will encourage friends and family to visit www.crosscatholic.org/theartofgiving to make a donation on behalf of the submission by typing the child’s name in the comment field upon making a donation.
- Watch as your creativity makes a difference in the name of Christ!
You can enjoy the parade of posts or join the link-up if you’re a blogger.
Hosts for the parade of posts:
- Sunday, Dec. 1 – Catholic Inspired
- Monday, Dec. 2 – Enter Under My Roof
- Tuesday, Dec. 3 – Designs By Birgit
- Wednesday, Dec.4 – Happy Little Homemaker
- Thursday, Dec. 5 – Equipping Catholic Families
- Friday, Dec. 6 – Campfires and Cleats
- Saturday, Dec. 7 – Do Small Things with Love
- Sunday, Dec. 8 – The Catholic Book Blogger
The link-up will start Monday, Dec. 9 and continue through Tuesday, Dec. 31. If you are a blogger and have posted (or plan to post) about your child’s art work please join in our ART of Giving Link-up!