Their music was new to me when I learned about the special musical group Voces8 a few weeks ago. With their debut album Eventide set to release on June 24th, the group has been busy with educational workshops and concerts:
The multi award-winning ensemble fulfils an international annual touring schedule across Europe, the USA, Asia and Africa. Performance venues include the Wigmore Hall, Royal Festival Hall, Tokyo Opera City, Tel Aviv Opera House, National Concert Hall Taipei, Cite de la Musique in Paris, Dijon Opera House, National Centre for the Performing Arts Beijing and Shanghai Concert Hall.
Highlights of the 2013/2014 season include a new record deal with Decca Classics and an extensive European concert schedule in addition to tours to the USA, Indonesia, Dubai, Russia, Asia and for “La Folle Journee” in Nantes and Tokyo.
Having had a chance to enjoy several tracks from Eventide, I am already becoming a big Voces8 fan. As the tracklist shows, this music is filled with spiritual inspiration:
1. Te lucis ante terminum (Festal tone) Thomas Tallis*3.18
2. Hymn to the Fallen John Williams4.43
3. Reflexionem Patrick Hawes+3.28
4. Where I sleep Emeli Sandé & Shahid Khan4.11
5. The Seal Lullaby Eric Whitacre°4.12
6. Second Eve Ola Gjeilo6.04
7. Quanta qualia Patrick Hawes*4.01
8. Underneath the stars Kate Rusby2.20
9. Locus iste Paul Mealor4.19
10. Corpus Christi Carol Benjamin Britten2.50
11. Benedictus Karl Jenkins*3.13
12. Os justi Anton Bruckner4.51
13. Steal away Trad.+4.12
14. Ave Maria Franz Biebl3.28
15. O magnum mysterium Morten Lauridsen5.51
16. Te lucis ante terminum (Pentecostal tone) Anon.*3.37
This preview video will give you a taste:
Today, we’re offering you the chance to win one of two copies of Eventide by Voces8.