This recipe for roasted tomatillo salsa is rustic, spicy, tangy, and perfect for tacos, dipping in chips, or eating by the spoonful. Enjoy!
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
Total Time:20 Min
Yields: 2 cups
1 lb. (8 medium) Tomatillo, husks removed, washed
¼ ea. Onion, white
3 ea. Garlic, cloves
4 ea. Serrano Peppers
1 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
1. Heat a comal, cast-iron, or heavy bottomed pan to medium-high heat. Place the tomatillos, garlic, onion, and Serrano peppers directly on the hot pan. They will become soft and slightly blackened, about 7 – 10 min.
2. Flip tomatillos, peppers, onion, and garlic over and continue to char for 10 more minutes.
3. Remove ingredients from griddle and set aside.
4. Start grinding ingredients in molcajete one at a time. Once the desired consistency is reached, add the next ingredient and keep grinding. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
5. If you do not have a molcajete you can use a blender or food processor. Simply place all the cooked ingredients in the machine and pulse until the desired consistency is reached.
6. Season to taste.
Find more recipes at dora’s table
Copyright 2015 Dora Stone
Photo copyright 2015 Dora Stone. All rights reserved.