Easter is not over. We continue to celebrate until Ascension Thursday. May is such a busy month with Communions, weddings, graduations, recitals, play-offs, and end-of-year celebrations for everything! How can we keep the Easter spirit alive when we hardly have time to make dinner? Here are a few easy ideas that should not add work to your day:
- Don’t clean up. Well, not exactly. Don’t get too excited. What I mean is, keep out your Easter decorations through the season. Easter eggs, bunnies, lilies and chicks provide the visual cues that keep us in the Easter mindset.
- ALLELUIA! Throw an Alleluia on the end of every family prayer. Nothing says celebrate like an Alleluia!
- You have to shop and cook anyway, so take advantage of post-Easter sales for some treats at family meals. Lamb and ham, spring vegetables like green beans and beets, and of course some special desserts make for a festive, Eastery meal.
- As the bulbs and trees continue to bloom, remind everyone that this is a sign of Easter upon us. If you are doing spring gardening, put in a few special decorative “Easter” flowers.
- Make meaningful music choices. Simply changing the CD in the player or the song on the playlist can make a big difference.
What do you do to keep the Easter season alive in this busy time?
Copyright 2015 Kate Daneluk.
Photo: Easter Egg by Lord Inquisitor (2008), on Flickr.