Is Friday night pizza night at your house? We love pizza too! Sometimes I wish I knew the trick to tossing dough like a pizza pro (and that brick oven would be nice as well).
Whether you make your own pizza or get takeout, you know that pizza is all about the toppings. I pulled out all the pizza menus I could find and came up with a bunch of meatless ways to top your next pizza.
Try these meatless toppings and combos for your Friday-night pizza! You won’t even miss the pepperoni.
- Sweet bell peppers
- Hot peppers
- Black olives
- Sliced tomatoes
- Roasted red peppers
- Jalapeño peppers
- Greek Feta pizza
- White pizza (no tomatoes) with any toppings above
- Sweet peppers and onions
- 3 cheese (mozzarella, provolone and parmigiana)
- Garlic, mushrooms, onions, eggplant and parmigiana
- “Veggie Works:” spinach, broccoli, tomatoes and zucchini
- Shrimp scampi pizza: olive oil, shrimp, parmigiana, parsley
- Pizza cacciatore: mushrooms, fried onions, green peppers
- Margherita pizza: fresh basil, tomato chunks, extra virgin olive oil, fresh mozzarella
- Grilled veggie pizza: grilled zucchini, eggplant, roasted peppers, and onions with extra virgin olive oil and mozzarella
- Bruschetta pizza: garlic, tomatoes, fresh basil and spices topped with mozzarella cheese and extra virgin olive oil
- Pizza caprese: sliced tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella
- Veggie pesto pizza: fresh eggplant, garlic, caramelized onions, roasted red pepper, feta cheese and pesto sauce
- Baby clam pizza: chopped tomato, extra virgin olive oil, baby clams and basil sauce with mozzarella
- Fried eggplant, fresh mozzarella, Romano cheese and basil
- Garlic, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, broccoli and tomatoes
- Pizza rustica: mozzarella, roasted peppers, black olives, scallions and fresh tomatoes
- Pizza carciofo: mozzarella cheese, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes
- Pizza tirreno: clams and shrimp with mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and garlic
- Pizza amore: sauteed roasted peppers, garlic, mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes
- Spinach and ricotta with mozzarella and parmigiana
- Hold the cheese: olive oil, oregano, fresh tomato, red onions and garlic
- Pizza primavera: plum tomatoes, red onions, mushrooms and broccoli
MAKE YOUR OWN
Check out these CatholicMom.com articles on pizza you can make at home:
Copyright 2015 Barb Szyszkiewicz, OFS.
Photo copyright 2015 Barb Szyszkiewicz, OFS. All rights reserved.