Will you be watching Sunday as Mother Teresa is officially declared a Saint? If you’d like to watch (or listen t0) the Canonization Mass and catch other coverage about Saint Teresa of Calcutta, here’s where you can find programming on radio, TV, and online.
CatholicTV will broadcast the Canonization Mass beginning at 4 AM ET. Use the CatholicTV Channel Finder or see below how to live-stream the coverage.
EWTN offers programming all weekend long on Mother Teresa’s life and impact on the world. The Canonization Mass coverage begins at 3:30 AM ET and an encore at 11:30 AM ET. Use the EWTN Channel Finder or see below how to live-stream the coverage.
Listen live on The Catholic Channel, SiriusXM radio (subscription required). Programming includes:
- 1-3 AM ET, Making of a Saint w/Father Dave Dwyer and Lino Rulli. Pope Francis will declare Mother Teresa a Saint and The Catholic Channel will be there for this historic event… that is likely to be the largest attended event of the Holy Year of Mercy. Be a part of history on The Catholic Channel as Lino Rulli and Father Dave Dwyer talk about Mother Teresa’s life as the one of the most iconic Catholic figures of the 20th century and then cover the Canonization celebrated by Pope Francis.
- 3-4 AM ET, Seize the Day with Gus Lloyd – Canonization Special.
- 4-7 AM ET, The Life of Mother Teresa: A Mission of Charity. Gus Lloyd of Seize The Day of The Catholic Channel, examines the foundress of the Missionaries of Charity and charismatic Catholic matriarch’s life growing up in Macedonia to her calling to the Loreto Sister to the ‘call within the call,’ which led her to form the religious order that served the poorest of the poor. Her immense love for the poor led to her unintentional leap to the world’s stage, and, after winning the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979, Mother Teresa became the face of the Catholic Church to many in the next two decades. This original Catholic Channel documentary traces the entire life of this tireless servant of God who will be canonized a saint by Pope Francis on September 4th.
- 7-10 AM ET, Canonization Mass of Mother Teresa. The Catholic Channel presents the Canonization Mass of Mother Teresa, celebrated by Pope Francis.
- 12-1 PM ET, Seize the Day with Gus Lloyd – Canonization Special (rebroadcast).
Relevant Radio will be broadcasting the Mass of Canonization for Mother Teresa from St. Peter’s Square in Rome on Sunday, September 4 at 4:25 AM ET and again at 1 PM ET.
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia, in a special arrangement with ETWN, will live-stream the Canonization on its home page. The Mass begins at 3 AM ET.
CatholicTV will broadcast the Canonization Mass at 4 AM ET. Live stream is available here. They offer apps for iOS and Android.
EWTN will broadcast the Canonization Mass at 4 AM ET. Live stream is available here. They offer apps for iOS and Android.
Salt & Light TV will live-stream special coverage of the Canonization beginning at 4:15 AM ET. English commentary will be provided by Fr. Thomas Rosica, CSB. They offer an iOS app.
ShalomWorld TV will live-stream the Canonization beginning at 4:30 AM ET, with rebroadcasts at 11 AM ET and 11 PM ET. They offer apps for iOS and Android.
uCatholic will live-stream the Canonization beginning at 4:30 AM ET and offers a free downloadable prayer card.
There’s no word on an official hashtag yet, but many major Catholic news outlets are using #MotherTeresa.
Copyright 2016 Barb Szyszkiewicz, OFS