During the week of August 29th, 6 of the over 80 contributors visited A Seeking Heart with Allison Gingras (on Breadbox Media) to chat about the newest in the Catholicmom.com book collection – The Catholic Mom’s Prayer Companion – available now from Ave Maria Press. Joining host (and #PrayerCompanion co-author) Allison Gingras on Tuesday was co-editor and co-author Lisa Hendey, followed on Wednesday and Thursday by Jeff Young, Sarah Damm, Colleen Duggan and Roxane Salonen.
Listen to Our Enlightening and Light-hearted Conversations:
Highlights from Our Discussions:
- The gift of a brand new day – and 80+ authors to help us step into (or end with) each day!
- A #PrayerCompanion that you can open as often or as infrequently as your busy schedule will allow – no matter the quantity of visits – each will surely be a blessing whatever your current stage of life!
- Lisa Hendey shares how the challenges where really overwhelming blessings of bringing a daily reflection book to light! Don’t miss her invitation to be your prayer warrior!
- Each guest shared how they find time for prayer – and some of their favorite ways to encounter the Lord during those times! So many options – such encouragement for people with busy lives!!
- St Joseph – and the epitome of the strong silent type (Allison’s idea of a perfect mate!)
- We contemplate if there should be special food for the Catholic Super Bowl – Saint Canonizations!
- Jeff Young shares his remarkable private and personal encounter with Bl. Mother Teresa!
- The amazing characteristics of the widow on the Gospels who shows us PERSEVERANCE in prayer!
- Seeds of Faith — how our family’s plant them; probably most often without ever realizing it!
- Lectio Divina – so glad Colleen Duggan shared this with us. Here’s a fabulous explanation from the USCCB.
- Retiring the To-Do List … the Spirit is obviously trying to tell us something this week about planning (or overplanning) and the blessing of seeking His Will!
- Prayer Time at the Family Zoo … anyone who has tried to pray with kids will LOVE this.
- Roxane Salonen shares the touching last moments with her father.
- National Cousin’s Day — THERE is such a thing; but what does that have to do with praying?