Little Mary of Nazareth was the answer to her parents’ prayer. In gratitude to God, her parents, Ann and Joachim, dedicated her to Him.
Prayer changed things then and it still does now, especially in families. In a very short time, I came up with quite a long list of ways prayer benefits families.
Think about how prayer has touched your family. Does it support, save, unite or comfort? How have family members’ lives changed? I’m sure you have many examples from your own experience. Let me know about one brief story in the comment space below. Your personal stories about the benefits of prayer can inspire many other families.
And before you go, just wanted to mention again the third benefit-of-prayer from my list …. The family that prays together stays together, coined by the founder of Holy Cross Family Ministries, Father Patrick Peyton, C.S.C., who repeatedly reminded families around the world the power of family prayer. God bless you and your family.
Learn more about the feast of The Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
The benefits of prayer, especially in the family:
- We know that prayer changes things!
- We know that the family is the most important organization any of us will ever belong to!
- We know that the family that prays together stays together!
- With Thanksgiving this week, we recall that of all the benefits of prayer is friendship with God, perhaps the most incredible benefit of all!
- In the family, prayer creates a profound bond of unity and love that need never be broken!
- Prayer in the family gives children the security and hope they need to live lives of purpose and meaning.
- Prayer also leads to a decrease in depression and suicide among young people.
- Prayer among children increases their mindfulness and makes them conscious of others in the world around them, of the beauty of God’s creation and of gratitude to the Creator.
- Prayer helps all people but especially children to be respectful of God’s gift of life, parents, family, home, talents, school, friends, Church and native land.
- Finally, prayer fills a person’s life with surprise and awe each day at the transcendent, majestic power of God’s creative hand that fills the heavens with billions of bodies and with the same hands reaches down to caress the
Each weekday, the homily from Daily Mass at Holy Cross Family Ministries is shared online. Visit Family Rosary: World at Prayer and sign up to receive notifications of each day’s homily.
Copyright 2017 Fr. Willy Raymond, C.S.C.