Dear Friends, I am Father Willy Raymond, C.S.C., President of Holy Cross Family Ministries. I am delighted to extend Christmas greetings from the Father Peyton Center in Easton, MA.
Our hearts are filled with deep joy during these days of Christmas celebration, joy at the incredible love of God that he would come among us out of that pure love to draw us into the warm embrace of the Living God. His coming fills us with faith in his promises, hope for eternal life and joy that no one can take away from us. A joy that is ours even in the midst of loss.
This year we have special cause to celebrate with joy. In Rome, on December 18, Pope Francis declared Patrick Peyton, C.S.C., “The Rosary Priest,” to be “Venerable.” Many of us have been inspired by his love for Mary and his passion for family prayer, especially the Rosary. Along with many others, we have been waiting for 25 years for this happy day to arrive.
Even though he is now Venerable Patrick Peyton, our work is far from done. To mark this special occasion, I would like to invite you to join us in the following:
- Praying for the beatification of Father Peyton,
- Spreading news and devotion to him by joining with others in a chapter of the Peyton Guild to pray that he would be recognized as a “Saint for Family Prayer.”
- I invite you to join us on January 1 as we launch a special novena of prayer in thanksgiving to God for the declaration that Father Peyton is now Venerable. Providentially, this novena culminates on Father Peyton’s birthday, January 9, 2018.
- Please consider this a personal invitation for you and your family to join us in helping to introduce this ‘Champion of family unity through prayer’ to a whole new generation of young families,
- Finally, please accompany us as we extend our thanks and appreciation to Pope Francis, and to all the friends of Father Peyton and those who continue his ministry in Family Rosary, Family Theater, the Peyton institute for the family and Catholic Mom.com.
This is a Christmas like no other for us here at the Peyton Center. Please join us in sharing this Christmas joy and peace by praying with us January 1-9 at FamilyRosary.org.
Merry Christmas and a Blessed and Happy New Year to you, your family and loved ones.
Father Willy Raymond, C.S.C. and the Team at Holy Cross Family Ministries.
Copyright 2017 Fr. Willy Raymond, C.S.C.