Every week, we count our blessings and I admit, sometimes I wonder, is anyone reading this thing? However, I know, what I write, I take with me to other places and the other day, I heard the equivalent of “Count your blessings today.” Come out of my own daughter’s mouth, in counseling a friend.
She explained she’d been visiting with a friend who felt overwhelmed and like they weren’t accomplishing some big thing. She told the friend to not worry about what they hadn’t done yet, to focus on the day, and on the little things of each day, like talking to a friend about one’s troubles, going out to lunch, enjoying the cool spring breeze … and the friend agreed. The conversation even took place on a Thursday. (I asked if I could use it). They also plotted out the friend’s big dreams, so she could get started on them, one day at a time.
I have three projects, the laundry, paperwork, a diet, and the ordinary housework to take care of, and if I look at any of it closely, I want to back away. It’s too much. But if I apply my wise child’s counsel, and just start, it will get done.
So I’m making my list, rolling up my sleeves and counting my blessings. Here we go:
1) My son received First Feconciliation Saturday.
2) I received an offer for a project I can’t wait to get started on doing.
3) My other son will receive Confirmation on Monday.
4) One son and one daughter are in plays this weekend we get to see.
5) We have a blue jay bathing in the “not a koi pond because there is no koi in the pond” pond in the back.
6) I made it to the gym twice last week.
7) They’re listening, even if it doesn’t look like it.
Have a great week. Happy Small Success Thursday!
What small successes are you celebrating this week?
Copyright 2018 Sherry Antonetti