The community of CatholicMom.com authors, which now includes more than 140 volunteer writers, was honored at the Catholic Press Association Awards event on Friday, June 15 at the Catholic Media Conference in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
CatholicMom.com took third place in the Best Publication Blog category. The judges noted the diversity among our authors, commenting, “these blog posts always cover a wide range of topics and do a good job revolving around religion without being too heavy or serious. Since they incorporate articles from contributors they have a lot of different perspectives and voices featured on their blogs.”
Several CatholicMom.com authors also received awards for their books. These include:
- Maria Morera Johnson, Second Place in Gender Issues for Super Girls and Halos (Ave Maria Press)
- Jeannie Ewing, Honorable Mention in Spirituality (Hard Cover) for Waiting with Purpose (En Route Books & Media)
- Sonja Corbitt and Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers, Honorable Mention for Scripture: Popular Studies for Ignite: Read the Bible Like Never Before (Franciscan Media)
- Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle, Honorable Mention in Prayer: Collections of Prayers for A Catholic Woman’s Book of Prayers (Paraclete Press)
- Donna-Marie Cooper O’Boyle, Honorable Mention in Popular Presentation of the Catholic Faith for Our Lady of Fatima: 100 Years of Stories, Prayers, and Devotions (Servant Books)
CatholicMom.com Brand Manager Danielle Bean and contributor Pat Gohn were honored for their work on Catechist magazine with a second-place award for Best Redesign.
The full list of winners is available at CatholicPress.org.
Congratulations — and thank you — to our growing family of CatholicMom.com contributors who so generously share their writing with our readers!
Copyright 2018 Barb Szyszkiewicz, OFS
This article contains Amazon affiliate links; your purchases through these links benefit the author.