The Importance of Prayer at All Times
We are currently in a time of rest and enjoyment during the summer months. Many of us may have kids at home since school is not in session. We are taking our time and spending time with the kids and with other family members and friends. This is a time to make memories. This is a time to really enjoy our families and vacation. We should do this for sure. Time with family and recreation is integral for good family life. We thank our Lord for providing time to have fun and move a little bit slower. Personally, this is my favorite time of year. I LOVE summer.
Continuing Our Prayer Life
Although we are in a time of relaxation during June, July and August for most of us as Moms, we must still remember the Lord and time for prayer. It is also a time to bring along our children to daily Mass or additional prayer time. The summer months are a GREAT time to develop a deeper relationship with Jesus in the in-between times of busy days with friends and vacationing. It is so important. And it is faith-building for our entire family. Here are some quick tips to make time for prayer with your family during the summer.
Tips for Making Time for Prayer in the Summer
- Pray Upon Waking. Even if you have a busy day ahead, say your Morning Prayer. Thank God for the beautiful day and the family he has given you.
- Pray Before Meals. As simple as this is, it is important. Take the time to thank God for your food and the time with family and friends. It make a difference for you and for God.
- Pray Before Driving Together. During the summer, families drive together more often a good bit of the time. When you see an accident and even before you leave your own driveway, say a prayer together.
- Go To Eucharistic Adoration. It doesn’t have to be a set time, but stop in at Adoration when you are able to. Even just a short visit to say “hi” to Jesus and offer prayers is BIG.
- Daily Mass. Try to make daily Mass as often as you can. If you are late risers, check whether a local Catholic nursing home in your area offers daily Mass at a later time. Some churches offer night Masses once or twice a week. This could also be an option for those who are busy during the day.
- Participate in VBS. Some communities offer Vacation Bible School. Many of the Catholic churches do too. Check it out. This will surely enhance your family’s prayer life.
- Pray before Bed. Whether you would pray a Rosary or a Chaplet of Divine Mercy at night, make the time for family prayer before bedtime. This is a wonderful nightly experience and powerful.
I hope these ideas help you and your family!
What’s your goal for enhancing family prayer this summer?
Copyright 2018 Anne DeSantis