As the new year begins, Unbound looks back on five of its proudest moments from 2018.
1. Without any government funding or major foundation grants, Unbound reached $2 billion in total revenue since its founding in 1981. Recently, more than 92 percent of Unbound’s expenditures have been used toward program support.
2. Unbound was included on Consumer Reports’ list of best charities for donations. Consumer Reports highlighted charities that were accredited by the BBB Wise Giving Alliance and had received top ratings by Charity Navigator and CharityWatch.
3. Unbound collaborated with Pope Francis on “Sharing the Wisdom of Time,” a book featuring the stories of 23 sponsored elders and one former sponsored child. Representatives from the publisher tasked with creating the book knew that Unbound was uniquely qualified to help with the project as the only major sponsorship organization to work with the elderly.
4. Unbound earned the Platinum Seal of Transparency from GuideStar and achieved Top-Rated recognition on GreatNonprofits. These and other high ratings helped Unbound become the overall highest-rated child sponsorship organization in the U.S.
5. Unbound completed a study on its elder program that found sponsored elders to be less lonely, less hungry and have more access to health care than their peers who were not in the program. Currently, more than 31,000 elders across Latin America, Asia and Africa are sponsored through Unbound.
Copyright 2019 Unbound.org