As Catholics, we are constantly striving to enhance our prayer lives and to teach the essence of Catholic devotional traditions to our families. We have assembled the following prayer aids to assist you with the growth of your own spirituality. Beginning our day with 10 minutes of quiet devotional prayer can help us to keep peace and tranquility in our hectic lives. Commit today to start each day with quiet time and enjoy the following resources…and please, remember to pray for us as we share the importance of prayer with Catholic moms everywhere!
The following is a growing list of Internet resources which will provide you with tools for building your own prayer life. The content of the sites you access has not been created by CatholicMom.com. A preliminary review of these sites has been made. However, due to the fast-changing nature of the Internet, it is possible that their value would change. If for any reason you do not feel that a particular link is appropriate, please send an email with the name of the link.
- Daily Scripture Readings from the National Conference of Catholic Bishops/US Catholic Conference – click on the liturgical calendar dates to see the daily readings
- Liturgy of the Hours from Universalis.com, prayers, psalms and meditation for every hour of every day
- Saint of the Day from AmericanCatholic.org
- Sacred Space - produced by the Irish Jesuits
- Apostleship of Prayer – Videos for adults and children, reflections on the Pope’s monthly intentions, and many other resources
- Daily Prayer Online – daily readings, gospel reflections, podcasts, Classroom prayers, Prayertoons and more
- Divine Mercy Chaplet – pray this beautiful devotion online (from the web site of singer Mark Hargrave)
- The Word Among Us – devotional meditations based on the daily Mass readings
- One Bread One Body – contains daily teachings based on the Catholic Church’s readings for daily Mass
- Minute Meditations from AmericanCatholic.org
- Praying each day, a prayer and education site of the De La Salle Brothers in Great Britain
- Virtual Rosary Online – Whether you are new to praying the rosary or have used it in devotional prayer for some time, Virtual Rosary can help you make the Rosary part of your day. It is quick and easy to download the free software that will help walk you through the Rosary. The program even customizes your Rosary by day so that you are meditating upon the Mysteries for that day. Try it for yourself and tell a friend.
- CatholicMom.com prayer line – pray for the intentions of other Catholic Moms or offer your own intentions
Keep CatholicMom.com in your prayers today!