In The Grace of Yes, Lisa Hendey explores the eight spiritual virtues she believes are the foundation of Christian life. Allowing readers to peek into the window of her own spiritual journey, she shows how the virtues of belief, generativity, creativity, integrity, humility, vulnerability, saying no, and starting over lead to generous living and the ability to joyously say yes to God.
Join us on Saturdays beginning November 3, 2014 as we explore and discuss what it means to embrace the grace of yes.
Here’s how it will work:
We’ll post a reflection each week on Saturdays. We have a team of writers who will be reflecting on each chapter and posting discussion questions. You’re welcome to read along with us.
You can participate in a few ways:
1. Read along.
2. Leave comments on each post with your thoughts and impressions or even take a stab at the discussion questions.
3. Interact with other commenters.
4. Share the posts and the discussion in your real-life networks and/or your social networks.
Our reading schedule:
(We’ll link to the posts as they are posted. The links won’t work until that Saturday.)
- November 1 – Interview with author Lisa Hendey
- November 8 – Chapter 1: The Grace of Belief
- November 15 – Chapter 2: The Grace of Generativity
- November 22 – Chapter 3: The Grace of Creativity
- November 29 – Chapter 4: The Grace of Integrity
- December 6 – Chapter 5: The Grace of Humility
- December 13 – Chapter 6: The Grace of Vulnerability
- December 20 – Chapter 7: The Grace of No
- December 27 – Chapter 8: The Grace of Rebirth
Note: don’t leave a comment here, on this page. You need to click through to the actual weekly posts for discussion.