Welcome to the first “Lawn Chair Catechism” at CatholicMom.com! This is an opportunity for you to kick back while you study along with us.
We’ll be using Forming Intentional Disciples: The Path to Knowing and Following Jesus by Sherry Weddell as our basis for this discussion.
Every Wednesday morning this summer, from May 29 to August 28, we’ll post a series of discussion questions from our team here at CatholicMom.com. We’ll also have a link-sharing at the end, so others can participate.
You’ll be able to participate whether or not you have read or are reading the book. Here’s the complete discussion guide and questions (13 pages). If you just want the discussion questions, here they are (2 pages). Note: you can’t leave a comment here, on this page. You need to click through to the actual weekly posts for discussion.
With thanks to Our Sunday Visitor.
Through July 31, Our Sunday Visitor will be offering the book for $10 with free shipping. Through the end of the program, you can order it with free shipping from Our Sunday Visitor. Simply click here to purchase the book from them or pick it up at your nearest Catholic bookstore.
Are you interested in using this for a study in your parish or within your community? We have the discussion questions available in a two-page handout, as well as a complete study guide in a 13-page format.
Reading and posting schedule:
- May 29 – Introduction
- June 5 – Chapter 1: God Has No Grandchildren
- June 12 – Chapter 2: We Don’t Know What Normal Is
- June 19 – Chapter 3: The Fruit of Discipleship
- June 26 – Chapter 4: Grace and the Great Quest
- July 3 – Chapter 5: Thresholds of Conversion: Can I Trust You?
- July 10 – Chapter 6: The Second Threshold: Curiosity
- July 17 – Chapter 7: The Third Threshold: Openness
- July 24 – Chapter 8: Thresholds of Conversion: Seeking and Intentional Discipleship
- July 31 – Chapter 9: Break the Silence
- Aug 7 – Chapter 10: Do Tell: The Great Story of Jesus
- Aug 14 – Chapter 11: Personally Encountering Jesus in His Church
- Aug 21 – Chapter 12: Expect Conversion
- Aug 28 – Concluding Thoughts
Embed Logo Image
To share the “Lawn Chair Catechism” logo on your blog or website, simply download the following text file copy and paste the html code: