We’re reading My Sisters the Saints: A Spiritual Memoir, by Colleen Carroll Campbell.
In My Sisters the Saints, author Colleen Carroll Campbell blends her personal narrative of spiritual seeking, trials, stumbles, and breakthroughs with the stories of six women saints who profoundly changed her life: Teresa of Avila, Therese of Lisieux, Faustina of Poland, Edith Stein of Germany, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, and Mary of Nazareth. Drawing upon the rich writings and examples of these extraordinary women, the author reveals Christianity’s liberating power for women and the relevance of the saints to the lives of contemporary Christians.
Join us on Saturdays beginning January 10, 2015 as we explore and discuss the saints and how they are at work in our lives.
Here’s how it will work:
We’ll post a reflection each week on Saturdays. We have a team of writers who will be reflecting on each chapter and posting discussion questions. You’re welcome to read along with us.
You can participate in a few ways:
1. Read along.
2. Leave comments on each post with your thoughts and impressions or even take a stab at the discussion questions.
3. Interact with other commenters.
4. Share the posts and the discussion in your real-life networks and/or your social networks.
Our reading schedule:
(We’ll link to the posts as they are posted. The links won’t work until that Saturday.)
- Jan 10 – Book Club Kickoff – Interview with Colleen Carroll Campbell
- Jan 17 – Chapter 1 – “Party Girl”
- Jan 24 – Chapter 2 – “A Child Again”
- Jan 31 – Chapter 3 – “Trust Fall”
- Feb 7 – Chapter 4 – “A Mother at Heart“
- Feb 14 – Chapter 5 – “Into the Darkness”
- Feb 21 – Chapter 6 – “Triumph of the Cross”
Note: don’t leave a comment here, on this page. You need to click through to the actual weekly posts for discussion.
To be notified of future book clubs, be sure to sign up below: