Resources for Catholic Step Parents and Blended Families:
Catholic Stepmothers, Stepfathers and Stepchildren, we are pleased to provide the following resources to assist you in your parenting vocation and family life. If you would like to recommend an article or link, please email [email protected] with your suggestions.
- Catholic Resources for Special-Needs Parenting, Adoption, Big Families, and More
- CatholicMom.com articles on Blended Families
- CatholicMom.com articles relating to Divorce
Please note that these resources are provided as a courtesy. While they have undergone a preliminary screening, CatholicMom.com cannot vouch for the information provided on these links.
- Can the Church get in Step with Stepfamilies? US Catholic
- Positive Steps for Stepfamilies – Archdiocese of Chicago Family Ministries
- Forming a Stepfamily – Catholic Marriage Prep Class
- Step/Blended Families – Diocese of Hamilton
- Step Families – Diocese of Altoona
- Catholic Stepfamily Facebook Group
- Smart Stepfamilies
A Prayer for Stepfamilies
Blessed are you, God of creation! It is difficult to parent two batches of kids and love them into one family. Look on stepfamilies, Lord. Give them courage to build new relationships, the willingness to adjust to one another’s habits, likes, and dislikes, and an ability to laugh over small things. Bless all the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins who are coming on board as family. Bless this widening embrace of family with patience, joy and love. Amen.