New contributor Jeannie Ewing joins us today and challenges us to look at our own assumptions and prejudices — what we believe and value in this life.
We want to support and encourage families with children facing unique and sometimes difficult medical diagnoses and illnesses. The following links and resources have been assembled to help you in your parenting vocation. We welcome your suggestions of helpful information – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your input and ideas. You are in our prayers!
- Prenatal Partners for Life – Support information & encouragement for carrying to term with an adverse prenatal diagnosis and support for raising your child with special needs after birth
Links and Resources:
- USCCB Welcome and Justice for Persons with Disabilities
- Pastoral Statement of United States Catholic Bishops on People with Disabilities
- Prenatal Partners for Life
- Daily Miracles Column archives by Mary Ellen Barrett
- Cause of Our Joy Blog by Leticia Velasquez
- Be Not Afraid Outreach for families with a poor prenatal diagnosis
Link Resources from Mary Ellen Barrett:
- Reading and Language Arts:
- Sensory Processing Disorder:
- Down Syndrome:
- General Developmental Disabilities:
- Homeschooling and Special Needs:
Reader Recommended Links:
- Cause of Our Joy – The wonderful blog of Leticia Velasquez contains a wealth of links, resources and inspiration
- Children of Destiny – This reader-recommended Christian site offers daily scripture and prayer support, inspirational topics and radio shows to support family and friends of persons with Autism.
- Down, Hero Dad and Palin – National Catholic Register article by Leticia Velasquez
- Down, Not Out – National Catholic Register article by Leticia Velasquez on the Legacy of Jerome Lejeune and the Resurgence of Down Syndrome Research
- International Down Syndrome Coalition for Life – Resources for parents, promotes the dignity and respect for ALL life.
- Novena for Autism – Novena to St. Philomena the Wonder Worker for the healing of autistic children and autistic adults and for help for their families, carers and for the professionals who work with them.
Latest Posts in Special Needs Parenting
A beautiful book will educate your children and warm your heart, showing the true potential of every child, including those with Down Syndrome.
During my first pregnancy, I dreamed of having a little girl. In my imagination, she wore a pink tutu and a sparkling …
The emptying nest. I have dreaded this era of my life since June 2, 1993. It was the day I became the …
Editor’s note: Today, I am very pleased to share a guest contribution by Kelly Doman. I believe what Kelly has shared here …
From the time they were very young, my kids have been drawn to soft fabrics. Christopher wears his footie pajamas on the …
Recently, while listening to the radio in my car, I heard a news report that took my breath away. The radio host …
One of my favorite ways to engage the Gospel is to imagine that I am a peripheral character in the story. In this …
The Memory Keeper’s Daughter is a Lifetime Original Movie available on DVD. It is based on the best-selling novel by the …
Editor’s note: Today, we continue our two part series with another wonderful excerpt from Faith, Family, and Children with Special Needs by David …
Editor’s note: Today, I am thrilled to share a guest post excerpted from the fantastic book Faith, Family, and Children with Special …