6-8 slices ham
8-10 medium potatoes thinly sliced
1 onion thinly sliced (optional)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or American Cheese)
1 10 3/4-ounce can cream of celery soup
1. Put half of ham, potatoes, and onions in slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese. Repeat layers
2. Spoon soup over top. Sprinkle with Paprika
3. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours, or high 4 hours.
*If you like a lot of creamy sauce with your ham and potatoes, stir 3/4 soup can of milk into the soup before pouring it over the layers.
1 frozen pie crust unbaked 9-inch deep-dish
1 15 1/2-ounce can red salmon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup leeks thinly sliced or green onions
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
6 ounces swiss cheese shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 teaspoon dill weed dried
3/4 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. At least 1 1/2 hours or up to 2 days before serving: Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Bake pastry shell for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack while preparing filling. If making
ahead, cool on a wire rack, then cover loosely.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
4. About 1 1/4 hours before serving: Drain salmon, remove any bones and dark skin. Break up salmon and
place in a medium bowl. Toss with lemon juice; set aside.
5. In a small skillet over medium heat, saute leeks in butter until soft. Add to salmon. Stir in cheese and dill
weed until blended. Transfer to baked pie shell.
6. In a small bowl, mix half-and-half, eggs, liquid smoke, salt and pepper until blended. Pour over salmon
mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool at least 10 minutes on a
wire rack before serving. Cut into wedges.
Find more great family recipes and meal planning assistance at Dine Without Whine.