I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to share with you all of the amazing news, information, books, and reports that come across my desk. Honestly, every day my inbox is filled with all kinds of goodness. Some of it is shared on my Twitter and Facebook feeds, but I’ve decided to begin grouping these “quick takes” into a regular “news roundup” feature here on the site too. If you would like to have news shared in this new feature, please feel free to either drop a note in the comments below, or contact me by email.
Here’s today’s first installment of the CatholicMom.com News Roundup:
- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen Screening in Rome – The amazing Lisa Wheeler invites those who may be in or around Rome to attend the screening of a wonderful new film on the life and work of Archbishop Sheen on April 26 and 27 in Rome. To register, visit http://www.catholicscreenings.com/. And if you’d like to take a friend, I’m available!
- Win The Handbook for Catholic Moms – Blogger and friend Mary Ellen Barrett is offering her readers the chance to win a copy of my book. Register to win by tomorrow at Mary Ellen’s site, Tales from the Bonny Blue House.
- Children’s Music – If you’re looking for some great music to use in your Children’s Religious Education classes, homeschooling, or just for easy listening, check out Children for a Peaceful World, which offers free downloads of some very uplifting tunes for kids.
- Department of Labor Outlook for Writers – For those interested in writing and editing professionally, check out this link shared by my friend and fellow blogger Roxane Salonen. Projections look relatively good for writers, but not so great for editors…
- Spiritual Direction – Looking for a spiritual director? Twitter friend Patty messaged me to share her services. Check her out here.
- CatholicTV Wins Big – Congratulations to CatholicTV for their Gabriel Award as “Religious Television Station of the Year” – no surprise with the great work being done by Fr. Reed and his awesome crew!
- Jonas Mom – Guideposts wrote to share this interesting article written by Denise Jonas, the mom of the famous Jonas Brothers. Check out some of her words of wisdom – I concur on the Drum Set advice.
That’s it for today – stay tuned for future installments of the CatholicMom.com News Roundup and please help us spread the word by sharing these items on your blogs and networks.