If you spend any time here at the blog or follow me on Twitter, you know that I LOVE to travel. The older I get, the more I will drop just about everything in hot pursuit of an adventure. One of my favorite trips of all time was the opportunity I had to travel to the Holy Land in 2012 with the Catholic Press Association. Walking in the footsteps of Jesus Christ in so many magnificent spiritual venues was the dream of a lifetime.
That’s why I was absolutely thrilled to not only receive a review copy of the newest video series from Diana and David von Glahn of The Faithful Traveler, but also to learn that the show will be featured on television. I first encountered Diana in August, 2011 (find our interview conversation here). Since then, I’ve become even more impressed with the way Diana and David are able to convey the joy of pilgrimage to their viewers. Along with their website, you’ll find The Faithful Traveler at Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Pinterest, in a fantastic use of these new media tools to spread not only their love of travel, but also their passion for their Catholic faith.
So I’m thrilled to share the great news that the team at EWTN will be airing the full season of The Faithful Traveler in the Holy Land this week on television. I’ll include the press release below with all of the details. Also, be sure to check back on Saturday when we will be giving away two copies of The Faithful Traveler in the Holy Land on DVD (available for purchase here) to two lucky winners! Taking a pilgrimage with The Faithful Traveler is now on my wish list. But until then, I can prayerfully revisit Israel any time with David and Diana by DVD.
Curious? Be sure to tune in this week to EWTN nightly, from February 17-22 at 6:30 PM and 3 AM EST, to watch the new six-episode series for yourself.[youtube_sc url=http://youtu.be/jFjYQ2C3v0w]
THE FAITHFUL TRAVELER IN THE HOLY LAND
EWTN Broadcast February 17-22, 2014
Following up on the acclaimed first season of The Faithful Traveler television series, the husband-and- wife production team of Diana and David von Glahn have taken the series to the ultimate pilgrimage site: the Holy Land. The mini-series debuts on the Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN) nightly, from February 17-22 at 6:30 pm/3 am Eastern.
The Faithful Traveler team filmed the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s Pilgrimage to the Holy Land led by Cardinal Justin Rigali and organized by Select International Tours. The result is The Faithful Traveler in the Holy Land, which presents a breathtaking look at the land of the Bible, beginning with Elijah on Mount Carmel, through the birth, life and death of Jesus Christ.
The show’s vibrant and entertaining host, Diana von Glahn, follows in the footsteps of Mary, Jesus, and his disciples, exploring the history, art, architecture, and theology behind the most visited and hallowed sites in the Holy Land. This awe-inspiring trip includes visits to such amazing sites as:
- The Church of the Holy Sepulchre: Built atop the sites of Jesus’ Crucifixion, Burial, and Resurrection
- The Church of St. Anne: Mary’s birthplace and the home of Saints Anne and Joachim.
- The Church of the Annunciation: Built atop the home of the Virgin Mary, where the Angel Gabriel announced that she would bear the Son of God
- The Church of the Nativity: built atop the site of the birthplace of Jesus
- The Via Dolorosa: The “Way of Grief”— the path that Jesus walked on the way to His Crucifixion
- The Western Wall: “The Wailing Wall”—the remnant of the ancient wall that supported Temple Mount and the Jewish Temple
- The Wedding Church at Cana: The site of Jesus’ first miracle
- The Church of the Multiplication: Built near the site of the miracle of the loaves and fishes
- The Cenacle on Mount Zion: The site of the Last Supper, the gathering of the disciples after Jesus’ Ascension, and the site of the Epiphany
- Shepherds’ Fields: The fields where the angels proclaimed the birth of Jesus to the shepherds watching their flocks
- The Church of Pater Noster: Where Jesus taught the disciples the Lord’s Prayer, and where it is believed He Ascended into Heaven
- And many more holy places!
The Faithful Traveler in the Holy Land strikes the perfect balance between entertainment, education, and inspiration, and is a perfect starting point for travelers planning their own pilgrimage to the Holy Land, or it provides armchair travelers the opportunity to see these magnificent locations from the comfort of their homes.
About the Producers
The Faithful Traveler is produced by the husband-and-wife team of Diana and David von Glahn.
Diana and David are on a mission to bring the majesty and sacred meaning of these incredible holy sites to everyone and to inspire travelers to make their own sacred travels.