Here is a winner that I have made for 30 years. Great for church potlucks and parties!
10 lasagna noodles
2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach (drain well by squeezing spinach down in colander with wax paper)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup grated raw carrots
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1/2 cup chopped pitted ripe black olives
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
1 lb. sliced Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare noodles, drain.
2. Prepare spinach according to package (or simply defrost ahead of time)
3. Sauté onion in oil, till soft. Add carrots and mushrooms; cook until crisp-tender. Stir in tomato sauce, paste, olives, and oregano.
4. Grease 13 x 9 x 2 inch casserole pan.
5. Layer 1/2 each noodles, cottage cheese, spinach, sauce mixture, and 1/3 cheese. Repeat, placing remaining 1/3 Monterey Jack cheese on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 8.
Copyright 2014 Laura Grace