We’ll be kicking things off this Saturday, January 10, with an interview with author Colleen Carroll Campbell and we’ll be reading one chapter a week following that.
In My Sisters the Saints, author Colleen Carroll Campbell blends her personal narrative of spiritual seeking, trials, stumbles, and breakthroughs with the stories of six women saints who profoundly changed her life: Teresa of Avila, Therese of Lisieux, Faustina of Poland, Edith Stein of Germany, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, and Mary of Nazareth. Drawing upon the rich writings and examples of these extraordinary women, the author reveals Christianity’s liberating power for women and the relevance of the saints to the lives of contemporary Christians.
Join us on Saturdays beginning January 10, 2015 as we explore and discuss the saints and how they are at work in our lives.
Here’s how it will work:
We’ll post a reflection each week on Saturdays. We have a team of writers who will be reflecting on each chapter and posting discussion questions. You’re welcome to read along with us.
You can participate in a few ways:
1. Read along.
2. Leave comments on each post with your thoughts and impressions or even take a stab at the discussion questions.
3. Interact with other commenters.
4. Share the posts and the discussion in your real-life networks and/or your social networks.
Our reading schedule:
- Jan 10 – Book Club Kickoff – Interview with Colleen Carroll Campbell
- Jan 17 – Chapter 1 – “Party Girl”
- Jan 24 – Chapter 2 – “A Child Again”
- Jan 31 – Chapter 3 – “Trust Fall”
- Feb 7 – Chapter 4 – “A Mother at Heart”
- Feb 14 – Chapter 5 – “Into the Darkness”
- Feb 21 – Chapter 6 – “Triumph of the Cross”
Want a reminder?
You’ll get an email with a link to the newest post. Sign up by filling out the form below with your name and email:
Don’t worry, we won’t share your email address.
For the complete reading schedule and information about our Book Club, visit the My Sisters the Saints Book Club page.