Following up on their acclaimed TV series, The Faithful Traveler in the Holy Land, the husband and wife team of producers, Diana and David von Glahn present A Papal Pilgrimage in the Holy Land. This 3-episode special explores the important history behind Papal pilgrimages to the Holy Land, including the background behind Pope Paul VI’s meeting with Patriarch Athenagoras in 1964, and the significance of the meeting of Pope Francis and Patriarch Bartholomew in 2014.
A Papal Pilgrimage in the Holy Land will be broadcast by the following networks: Dates and Times TBA
- EWTN (May 2016)
- NETTV (March 2016)
- Catholic TV
- IN Network
- Shalom World
- Salt & Light
In this unique travel and history TV program, the show’s host, Diana von Glahn, follows in the footsteps of Popes Paul VI, St John Paul II, Benedict XVI, and Francis on their papal pilgrimages to the Holy Land, including visits to:
Episode 1: Diana takes you to Jordan
- Umm Qais: Where it’s believed Jesus expelled demons into swine.
- Anjara: The only Marian shrine in all of Jordan.
- Tell Mar Elias: Prophet Elijah’s birthplace.
- Bethany Beyond the Jordan: Where Jesus was baptized by John.
- Mukawir: Where John the Baptist was imprisoned and martyred.
- Mount Nebo: Where Moses saw the Promised Land and was buried.
Episode 2: Diana takes you to Bethlehem
- The Church of the Nativity: Built atop site where Jesus was born.
- Shepherd’s Field: Where angels proclaimed Jesus’ birth to shepherds.
- Papal Mass at Manger Square: Watch the exhilarating Mass celebrated by Pope Francis and meet some attendees.
- The Wall of Separation: Where Pope Francis stopped to pray.
Episode 3: Diana takes you to Israel
- Basilica of the Annunciation: Where the Annunciation took place.
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre: Built atop the sites of Jesus’ Crucifixion, Burial, and Resurrection.
- Temple Mount: Built atop the site of the Jewish Temple.
- Yad Vashem: Holocaust Museum visited by three popes.
- Meeting at the Home of President Shimon Peres: To hear what some attendees have to say.
- Mahane Yehuda: Jerusalem’s colorful and lively market.
A Papal Pilgrimage to the Holy Land strikes the perfect balance between history, travel, and spiritual inspiration, and is a great introduction for travelers planning their own pilgrimage to the Holy Land, while giving armchair travelers the opportunity to see these magnificent locations and learn about these important pilgrimages from the comfort of their own homes.
For video clips, photos, and much more about this exciting new special, visit www.thefaithfultraveler.com
About the Producers
The Faithful Traveler is produced by the husband-and-wife team of Diana and David von Glahn.
Diana and David are on a mission to bring the world’s sacred sites to everyone and to inspire faithful travelers to make their own travels and pilgrimage.