We’re so excited to invite you to the Divine Mercy for Moms Book Club. It starts next week with my author interview.
Each week, we’ll read and discuss one chapter of Divine Mercy for Moms: Sharing the Lessons of Saint Faustina, by Michele Faehnle and Emily Jaminet.
Originating in the early twentieth century, the Divine Mercy devotion of St. Faustina Kowalska is one of the most celebrated of all Catholic devotions. Michele Faehnle and Emily Jaminet break open the history, practices, and prayers associated with the devotion, guiding busy moms to receive God’s message of Divine Mercy and pass it on to others through their words, deeds, and prayers.
Faehnle and Jaminet draw upon their experiences to introduce you to St. Faustina and her five essential elements of the Divine Mercy message:
- The image of the Merciful Jesus
- The Feast of Divine Mercy
- The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- The House of Mercy
- Spreading the honor of Divine Mercy
With heartwarming stories and practical advice, this book reveals that mercy is not just a gift to be received in the confessional but a spiritual resource that strengthens those who extend themselves in word, deed, and prayer. Designed for personal or group study, Divine Mercy for Moms celebrates the infinite mercy of God and the role of Mary, the Mother of Mercy, in the lives of all believers.
Here’s how the Divine Mercy for Moms Book Club will work:
We’ll post a reflection each week on Saturdays, beginning with an author interview on September 10, 2016. We have a team of writers who will be reflecting on each chapter and posting discussion questions. You’re welcome to read along with us.
You can participate in a few ways:
1. Read along.
2. Leave comments on each post with your thoughts and impressions or even take a stab at the discussion questions.
3. Interact with other commenters.
4. Share the posts and the discussion in your real-life networks and/or your social networks.
Our reading schedule:
(We’ll link to the posts as they are posted. The links won’t work until that Saturday.)
- September 10 – Interview with authors
- September 17 – Introduction and Chapter 1: St. Faustina, Apostle of Divine Mercy
- September 24 – Chapter 2: Developing Trust in Jesus through the Divine Mercy Devotion
- October 1 – Chapter 3: Showing Mercy to Our Neighbor
- October 8 – Chapter 4: The Corporal Works of Mercy
- October 15 – Chapter 5: The Spiritual Works of Mercy
- October 22 – Chapter 6: Mary, Mother of Mercy
NOTE: You need to click through to the actual weekly posts for discussion.
Want a Book Club reminder?
You’ll get an email with a link to the newest post in the CatholicMom.com Book Club. Sign up by filling out the form below with your name and email:
Don’t worry, we won’t share your email address.