Welcome to the second “Lawn Chair Catechism” at CatholicMom.com! This is an opportunity for you to kick back while you study along with us.
We’ll be using A Well-Built Faith: A Catholic’s Guide to Knowing and Sharing What We Believe by Joe Paprocki as our basis for this discussion.
Every Wednesday morning this summer, from May 28 to September 10, we’ll post a series of discussion questions based on the leader’s guide. You’ll be able to leave your comments and thoughts in the comments or post on your site and post the link.
You’ll be able to participate whether or not you have read or are reading the book.
Reading and posting schedule:
- May 28 – Part 1: The Creed: Holding on to Faith; Chapter 1: Laying a Firm Foundation: Transmitting Faith
- June 4 – Chapter 2: Assembly-Line Construction: Human Desire, Revelation, and Faith
- June 11 – Chapter 3: Who’s the Boss?: Scripture and Tradition
- June 18 – Chapter 4: Using Brand-Name Equipment: The Trinity
- June 25 – Chapter 5: The Bulldozer: Sin, Salvation, and the Cross of Jesus
- July 2 – Chapter 6: Union Workers: The Church, Mary, the Saints, and Eternity
- July 9 – Part 2: The Sacraments: Expressing Faith; Chapter 7: Using a Laser Level for Alignment: Worship and Liturgy
- July 16 – Chapter 8: Construction Safety Signs: Mystery and Sacramentality
- July 23 – Chapter 9: The Welding Process: Sacraments of Initiation
- July 30 – Chapter 10: Steamrollers: Sacraments of Healing
- August 6 – Chapter 11: Installing New Windows: Sacraments at the Service of Communion
- August 13 – Part 3: The Moral Life: Living Faith; Chapter 12: Handle with Care: Human Dignity, Sin, and Mercy
- August 20 – Chapter 13: Building according to Code: The Commandments, Beatitudes, and Virtues
- August 27 – Chapter 14: Tuck-Pointing, Painting, and Siding: Works of Mercy and Social Justice
- September 3 – Chapter 15: Measure Twice, Cut Once: Conscience and Moral Decision Making
- September 10 – Part 4: Prayer: Praying Faith; Chapter 16: Excavators and Cranes: Prayer
- September 17 – Chapter 17: Walkie-Talkies: Forms of Prayer
- September 24 – Chapter 18: Access to Restricted Areas: The Lord’s Prayer and How Prayer Works
Note: don’t leave a comment here, on this page. You need to click through to the actual weekly posts for discussion.
Need a reminder each week?
You’ll get an email with a link to the newest post. Sign up by filling out the form below with your name and email: